Frequently Asked Questions About Adya Clarity®
Adya Clarity® is an all-natural water purification solution that safely and effectively purifies water. Its unique, patented formulation of ionic sulfate minerals (electrolytes) neutralizes and assists in the reduction and removal of over 250 harmful contaminants from water providing you with cleaner, healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
*Units used to measure mineral concentration: PPM = parts per million
Adya Clarity® also contains up to 80 trace minerals including alum, barium, cerium, chromium, cobalt, copper, germanium, lanthanum, lithium, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, scandium, selenium, silicon, strontium, sulfur, titanium, tungsten, vanadium, yttrium, and zirconium. As a natural substance, the mineral composition can vary slightly.
Adya Clarity® purifies water in a 4-step process:
- Coagulation: When added to water, Adya Clarity® causes invisible, suspended fine particles to destabilize, or neutralize, allowing the particles to come closer together, forming clumps, making it easier to separate solids from the water.
- Flocculation: Flocculation is the process whereby the clumps of bacteria and particulate impurities formed during the coagulation process gather, or floc, and come together forming clusters. Once step one and two are complete, the contaminants are now neutralized and insoluble.
- Precipitation: Once Coagulation and Flocculation occur, the insoluble, neutralized contaminants solidify as they precipitate out of solution.
- Deposition or Sedimentation: The precipitates settle and are deposited as sediment at the bottom of your water container. This four-step process allows the precipitated contaminants to be easily filtered.
Adya Clarity® is certified according to EPA and NSF/ANSI standards (when applicable) to eliminate or reduce over 250 contaminants from water.
Adya Clarity® eliminates or reduces agricultural chemicals like pesticides and herbicides, industrial chemicals like BPA and PCB's, disinfectants and disinfection byproducts like chlorine and trihalomethanes, heavy metals like lead and mercury, microorganisms like bacteria and viruses, and pharmaceuticals like mood stabilizers and antibiotics.
All testing has been completed by an independent, EPA-certified laboratory according to EPA & NSF/ANSI standards (when applicable). Test reports will be posted soon.
*Please note that contaminants mentioned are not necessarily in your water source. You'll need to contact to your local municipality to understand what contaminants are in your water.
Yes. Adya Clarity® traps 100% of the fluoride ions and reduces the concentration of sodium fluoride below the detection limit of EPA method 340.2.
Adya Clarity® is made in our manufacturing facility here in Michigan, USA according to GMP standards.
Adya Clarity® does not have an expiration date. Stored properly, it will remain effective indefinitely.
You can use Adya Clarity® to purify any water except salt water; this includes, but is not limited to, distilled water, reverse osmosis water, alkaline ionized water, toilet water, rain water, river, lake, or pond water, or any other freshwater source.
Our 16-ounce and 32-ounce bottles are made of food-grade, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) #2 plastic. We chose this material for our larger bottles because it's one of the safest plastics with no known health concerns, is BPA-free, and easy to ship and recycle. Our small 2-ounce bottle is glass. All of our bottles are made in the USA.
Here is a price breakdown for how much a gallon or liter of Adya Clarity® purified water costs based on retail prices:
- A 2-ounce bottle treats up to 15 gallons or 60 liters of water and retails for $24.95 which breaks down to $1.66 per gallon or 42¢ per liter.
- A 16-ounce bottle treats up to 125 gallons or 475 liters of water and retails for $84.95 which breaks down to 67¢ per gallon or 18¢ per liter.
- A 32-ounce bottle treats up to 250 gallons or 950 liters of water and retails for $149.95 which breaks down to 60¢ per gallon or 16¢ per liter.
- The 2-ounce bottle purifies up to 15 gallons or 60 liters.
- The 16-ounce bottle purifies up to 125 gallons or 475 liters.
- The 32-ounce bottle purifies up to 250 gallons or 950 liters.
The amount of Adya Clarity® required depends on the quality and type of water being treated. The more contaminants in the water, the more Adya Clarity® you would need to treat it effectively. For most municipal (tap) water, we recommend a dilution ratio of 1:1000.To calculate the correct amount, divide the volume of water by 1000.
- 1 L of water equals 1000 ml., so you would need 1 ml of Adya Clarity® which equals 1/5 tsp. or 20 drops.
- 5 L (1.3 gallons) of water equals 5000 ml., so you would need 5 ml of Adya Clarity® which equals 1 tsp. or 100 drops.
Though we highly recommend using the Adya Water Filter System combined with Adya Clarity® for best results, it is not required. The Adya Water Filter System is particularly useful filtering the precipitated, neutralized contaminants immediately, making your drinking water readily available for consumption. When not using the Adya Water Filter System, it can take 24-48 hours for precipitates to settle to the bottom of your water container.
- Stir well to distribute the solution evenly throughout your water.
- Keep your water container uncovered to allow chlorine and other gaseous contaminants like volatile organic compounds (VOC's) to dissipate entirely.
- Don't refrigerate your water during the treatment process because cold temperatures slow down precipitation.
The wait time depends on the quality of the starting water. If the water you're starting with is considered to be microbiologically safe (e.g. distilled or reverse osmosis water), wait 5-15 minutes before drinking. For polluted water, the suggested wait time is 24-48 hours to ensure the neutralization of toxic contaminants.
- Treat two large batches of water with Adya Clarity® at the same time, that way, you'll always have one to use for drinking while the other is being treated. (1 or 2.5 gallon HDPE plastic jugs work fine and can be found at any grocery store.)
- Add Adya Clarity® to warm or hot water to help speed up the treatment process.
Yes. Heat will not affect the efficacy of Adya Clarity®. You can use it to treat your water when cooking or making beverages like coffee or tea.
The effects may vary depending on what type of water you're starting with and its level of contamination. You may see:
If you're starting with distilled or reverse osmosis water, there might not be enough contaminants in the water to form precipitates. - Not all chemicals form precipitates. (i.e. Chlorine, volatile organic compounds, and other gaseous contaminants evaporate out of water.) Certain biological contaminants may take longer to treat, and you may not see immediate effects.
Cloudiness or a Change in Color
These are signs that dissolved contaminants are coming out of the solution. Let it sit longer until the contaminants clump together and form sediment at the bottom of your water container.
Pale Yellow Color Throughout the Water
If you've let it sit for 24-48 hours, and it has a pale yellow tinge and has a lemon flavor, you've added too much Adya Clarity®. (This generally happens when treating distilled or reverse osmosis water due to the starting pH.) Reduce the amount of Adya Clarity® by half the next time you treat your water.
What you are seeing is the final stage of Adya Clarity®'s water purification process called deposition or precipitation whereby the precipitates (neutralized contaminants) settle and are deposited as sediment at the bottom of your water container. This sediment is completely harmless and if consumed, will just pass through your body. However, you can use a water filter or pour your water through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove this residue.
Yes. Though it may be unpleasant to look at, it is completely harmless and if consumed, will just pass through your body. However, most people prefer to remove it from their water. To remove it, you can use a water filter, pour your water through a cheese cloth or coffee filter, or simply pour the top portion into a separate container leaving the residue in the bottom to discard. You can pour this on your plants instead of down the drain!
Adya Clarity® should be stored in a dry place out of direct sunlight between 40° - 100° F. This is because all plastics begin to break down when exposed to extreme temperatures or sunlight over time.
You can store your purified water in either a glass, stainless steel, ceramic, or HDPE #2 BPA-free plastic container.
You can use Adya Clarity® to purify water for all of your needs:
- Drinking – for your family and pets
- Making beverages – coffee, tea, juice, etc.
- Washing Foods – fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Cooking – pasta, soup, etc.
- Watering Plants – indoor and outdoor